Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year

Well, it's another new year and I find myself watching football. Between college bowl games and the NFL run for playoffs there seems to be little else to watch. Too bad football season is winding down to its end yet again. That is a definite drawback to the beginning of the year. But a new year means a time of renewal. Whether it be resolutions, diets or friendships everything seems possible when you begin a new year. So I guess it would be appropriate to set down some resolutions myself.

I resolve to...

...get a new job
...manage finances better
...buy a house
...keep in better contact with my friends & family (near & far)
...go to church more regularly
...learn something new--maybe how to crochet--something I think I would enjoy.

Those should keep me busy enough for the next 365 days. We'll see. I also promise to try (notice this isn't an actual resolution) and keep you apprised here of how well or poorly I'm doing at sticking to these resolutions. Last year I made the resolution to write on the blog everyday. I managed to make it to the 17th day of the year and then I just sort of stopped. Consequently, when I logged in for the new year I deleted all my previous posts. I just couldn't stand being reminded of my total failure everytime I visited the blog. This year, I'll update the blog when I have the time. Who knows that could be early in the morning, over my lunch hour or even in the middle of the night if I'm having a hard time sleeping. It could be every day, twice a week, once a month. Whenever it is I'm hoping that I do a better job of blogging when I don't set such a high standard for myself. Blogging every day was difficult with my busy schedule. And even though I said I managed for the first 17 days of last year that's a slight untruth since a couple of times I blogged double entries because I didn't blog the day before either because I was too tired or simply forgot. But I see I'm rambling, something I'll also try not to do here. After all, if anyone actually follows this blog--you'll have to pick me up off the floor if that ever happens--I don't think rambling is what they'll be expecting.

So, I'll bid you adieu for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment